Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MY CLOSE RELATIVES NOTED IN A RECENTLY PUBLISHED BOOK -- Darlene Schneck's Tale of Isaac S. Schultz

MY CLOSE RELATIVES NOTED IN A RECENTLY PUBLISHED BOOK

This is the book to which I refer:

Darlene Della Schneck Letters From a Montana Sheep Man: The True Tale of Isaac S. Schultz                                                                                                                                  (CreateSpace,2013)
                                     178 pp    $23.00  ISBN-10: 1484861728    ISBN-13: 978-1484861721

     This book mentions many of my close relatives, which is not surprising since the Isaac S. Schultz of this Tale is the brother of my paternal grandmother Elizabeth Schultz. Mentioned in the book are she, my paternal grandfather (her husband) Levi G. Schultz, and all of their eight children: My Uncle Eugene, my Aunt Carrie, My Aunt Daisy, My Aunt Geneva, My Father Wayne, My Uncle Alfred, My Uncle Norman, My Uncle Lloyd plus my Cousin Paul (son of my Aunt Daisy), my Cousin Lucille (daughter of my Aunt Geneva), my Aunt Selina (wife of my Uncle Eugene), and last, but not least, the one who told me about this book (and made some contributions to it), my Sister Sharon, whose full name is Sharon Elizabeth (nee Schultz) Reihmann, with her middle name, Elizabeth, named after our grandmother Elizabeth. I, Forrest Wayne Schultz, who am not mentioned in the book, received my middle name from my father Wayne.

     On pages 126-127 is an excellent quality group photograph of Elizabeth and Levi and their eight children taken alongside the house, built in 1810, in which Levi and his eight children grew up and in which Sharon and I grew up, and which still stands, and which was built by Abraham Schultz [the son of the Schwenkfelder emigrant, George Schultz (one of the three Schultz orphans in the main emigration in 1734)], who was the father of Isaac Schultz, who was the father of Abraham Schultz, who was the father of Levi Schultz). It and the farm passed out of our family when my father Wayne retired and sold the farm in 1960.

     There is a list of those in the photo in a genealogical record shown on p. xxx. In addition to that here are my close relatives and the pages where they are mentioned in the book:

My Sister Sharon -- pp. xi, 128
My Grandmother Elizabeth -- pp xiv, xv, 102, 124, 139
My Uncle Eugene -- pp xv, 57, 62, 74, 98, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 109, 124, 125, 138, 139
My Aunt Carrie -- p 124
My Aunt Daisy -- pp viii, 124
My Uncle Alfred -- p 124
My Cousin Paul Schultz Martin -- pp viii, ix, xi
My Cousin Lucille Berky -- pp xi, 96
My Aunt Selina -- pp 62, 138, 139
     The book was published in 2013. Information is found at http://www.amazon.com/
This is a really strange experience -- to read a book in which your close relatives are named, and in which some of them are important to the story!

Sincerely,

Forrest Wayne Schultz

May 23, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment